Virtual summit will bring together healthcare executives, experts, and pharmacists for panel discussions and informative continuing education (CE) webinars
Washington, D.C. – (June 5, 2022) –Kit Check, the industry leader in Medication Intelligence™ solutions for hospitals, today announced that it will be hosting the first annual Medication Intelligence Summit from June 6-8, 2022. The virtual event will bring together pharmaceutical experts from across the industry to discuss topics ranging across three tracks: inventory management, drug diversion monitoring, and pharmacy purchasing.
This Summit will consist of thought-provoking discussions – which will be hosted by a Kit Check clinician and will include customers, a partner representative, and a product expert – and informative continuing education (CE) webinars certified through the Michigan Pharmacists Association. The Summit promises to explore issues such as medication tracking gaps, pharmacy purchasing trends, drug shortages, and drug diversion and features the following speakers:
- Nilesh Desai, MBA, BS, RPh, CPPS, Chief Pharmacy Officer at Baptist Health System
- Joanne Manidis, VP, Pharmaceutical U.S. Hospital Products at Baxter International Inc.
- Amy Brent, Pharmacy Operations Manager at UPMC Williamsport
- Chris Hutts, PharmD, MBA, MS, Pharmacy Procurement Manager at the University of Arkansas for Medical Services
- Kyle Brauer, PharmD, MBA, Pharmacy Supply Chain Manager at BayCare Health System
- Alan J. Arville, Member of the Firm – Health Care and Life Sciences at Epstein Becker Green
- Jake Nichols, Co-founder, President, & CEO of Renovo Health
- Leah Mitchell, PharmD, MBA, Drug Diversion Pharmacist at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
- Danielle Neal, Director of Drug Diversion and Controlled Substances Compliance at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
- James R. Brewer, Senior Compliance Coordinator at University of Iowa
- Bryan McGurn, Senior VP Sales & Marketing at IMI
- Terri Vidals BS Pharm, CEO & Founder of RXpert Solutions, Host of Drug Diversion Insights podcast
“The Medication Intelligence Summit aligns perfectly with IMI’s mission of providing innovative solutions that enhance pharmacy practices, fortify drug security programs and increase medication safety,” said Angela Merlo, Marketing Communications Manager at IMI. We are eager to contribute IMI’s unique expertise in secure drug delivery to this valuable gathering of industry professionals.”
The Summit will consist of pharmacist-led sessions, panel discussions of industry trends and presentations of new product features for Kit Check’s suite of Medication Intelligence solutions. Panels will focus on some of the trends found in Kit Check’s annual Hospital Pharmacy Operations Report as well as areas where the panelists are seeing innovation occur.
“By hosting this Summit annually, Kit Check hopes to elevate industry leaders’ knowledge about drug and pharmacy trends to help create a larger network of hospitals and clinicians looking to solve industry pain points and curb drug diversion,” said Kevin MacDonald, co-founder and CEO of Kit Check. “By bringing together featured healthcare leaders from diverse clinical backgrounds and experiences, we can facilitate delivering strategies and technologies to address the industry’s most pressing issues on a wide-ranging scale.”
Kit Check will be announcing new and exciting developments and product offerings that health leaders won’t want to miss on the last day of the conference. The virtual Summit will be hosted via Zoom and will also be posted on Kit Check’s Medication Intelligence Center webpage once it has concluded. For more information or to register for the Summit, visit Kit Check’s event page here.
About Kit Check
Kit Check® is the leading provider of automated medication tracking and diversion detection solutions for hospital pharmacies in the U.S., bringing visibility, simplicity, and predictability to the complex world of medication supply management. Our groundbreaking Medication Intelligence™ solutions provide item-level visibility, workflow simplicity, and actionable analytics, empowering stakeholders to deliver the right medicine to the right patient at the right time, every time. To date, our more than 800 U.S. and Canadian hospital partners have adopted Kit Check solutions to solve the most challenging of healthcare problems. Kit Check Solutions help providers save time, manage inventory, prevent diversion at their facilities, save money on medication spend, and ensure patient safety. More information about Kit Check and our software solutions can be found at kitcheck.com.
Matter Health for Kit Check